As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, here are the top 6 largest mosques in Pakistan:
- Faisal Mosque, Islamabad: The Faisal Mosque is not only the largest mosque in Pakistan but also one of the largest mosques in the world. It is located in Islamabad, the capital city of Pakistan. The mosque’s unique design and capacity to accommodate a large number of worshippers make it a significant landmark.
- Badshahi Mosque, Lahore: The Badshahi Mosque is located in Lahore, Punjab. It was built during the Mughal era and is one of the most iconic landmarks in Pakistan. It has a grand and intricate architecture that attracts tourists and worshippers alike.
- Grand Jamia Mosque, Karachi: The Grand Jamia Mosque, located in Karachi, Sindh, is one of the largest mosques in Pakistan. It has a distinctive white marble exterior and a capacity to accommodate a large number of people for prayers.
- Bhong Mosque, Rahim Yar Khan: The Bhong Mosque is located in the Rahim Yar Khan district of Punjab, Pakistan. It’s known for its exquisite architectural design that combines traditional and modern elements.
- Tribal Area Mosque, Jamrud: Also known as the Jamrud Mosque, this mosque is located in the Khyber Agency of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. It’s a notable mosque in terms of size and architecture.
- Shah Faisal Mosque, Karachi: This mosque, located in Karachi, Sindh, is another significant religious structure in Pakistan. It’s named after King Faisal of Saudi Arabia, who provided financial support for its construction.
Please note that mosque rankings might change over time due to new constructions or renovations. For the most up-to-date information, I recommend checking official sources or recent news articles.